The Black Forest – heartfelt.refreshing.real. Cuckoo clocks, Black Forest farmhouses and Black Forest gateau – the Black Forest, which is located where Germany meets France and Switzerland, is the epitome of a homely German holiday world. Yet it is also a modern cultural landscape, a huge leisure area, a Mecca for mountain-bikers and one of the largest hiking regions in Germany. Sunny hillside vineyards alternate with green forested mountains and steep ravines with wide valleys. And 320 villages and towns, zoos, leisure parks and family parks can be found in between – with the Europa Park in Rust leading the way. Over 24,000 kilometres of hiking trails can be found in the holiday region, which spans a total of 11,100 square metres. Cyclists can enjoy a dense network of well-signposted cycle paths. Thanks to the diverse landscape, the good cuisine, wines, beers and water, the region is considered to be "Germany's most beautiful region for connoisseurs". An excellent gourmet temple can be found in almost every town. Highly reputable Baden wines thrive on the western edge of the Black Forest; whilst outstanding health and beauty facilities also await connoisseurs. The "Wellness Stars" promise proven quality for thermal springs, hotels and medical establishments. For more information, please visit Schwarzwald Tourismus GmbH, Habsburgerstr. 132, 79104 Freiburg, www.schwarzwald-tourismus.info
Temp: °C / °C
°C / °C
°C / °C
°C / °C
Cuckoo , Black Forest gateau and courtyards - the Black Forest in the triangle with France and Switzerland is the epitome of a cozy German holiday world . But it is also modern cultural landscape , vast recreational area , a mecca for mountain bikers and one of the largest migrant areas in Germany
Translation: An unforgettable tour takes you through the historic downtown past thousands of chrysanthemums, arranged to form a magnificent autumnal colors. Whether bright yellow , bright purple or rich orange : the over 10,000 chrysanthemums offer visitors a colorful flower spectacle.
Google translation : At the pass at Wieden corner , in the Black Forest between meadow valley and Munster . In 1901 was built on 1035 meters above the zero mountain inn Wieden corner . We have here a postcard view down the valley towards the upper Wieden .
Google translation : a view from the spa to the same Mittelgebirgssee in Titisee Titisee . The lake is about Titisee 850 meters high , making it about with his 130 hectares and with its approximately Depth of 45 m one of the largest natural Mittelgebirgseen in Germany . It is fed by springs in the Feldberg massif. Lake Titisee is a drinking water reservoir under protection. It is home to numerous fish species . Motorboats are not allowed on the freshwater lake . Through its minimum bank buildings and the surroundings of the Titisee Feldberg massif is one of the most beautiful lakes in the world . It owes its origin to the last ice age . Until 10,000 years ago, a glacier extended from Feldberg to Titisee . The excavated from glacier basins and the terminal moraine form today Titisee . The Titisee is quite small, but has a wealth of infrastructure. These include many hotels and guest rooms, as well as numerous souvenir shops , cafes and restaurants. The lake road is the promenade of the Black Forest town and leads directly to the lake . From there, it then continues on the outskirts of the village beyond . On a paved road to reach the park on the waterfront of Lake Titisee . A pavilion with seating accommodates events. Colorful flowers adorn the paths of the park and benches invite you to linger . At the entrance area is a detailed replica of a Black Forest Mill in miniature.
The bus station in Furtwangen in the Black Forest in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. In the background the town hall Furtwangen. The 360 ° panorama is part of a virtual tour, a virtual tour through the Black Forest of Germany.
Google Translation: The Emperor Joseph Street in Fribourg is the 15th- -Century late Gothic buildings Basler Hof. Today it beherrbergt the seat of the administrative district of Freiburg. The building is one of the last medieval buildings in Freiburg's old quarter. From 1480 acquires Konrad Stürzel, Court Chancellor of Emperor Maximilian I. seven contiguous farmsteads including standing on town houses on their plots, it can be built from 1494 to 1496 mansion.
This produces the largest Adelshof and secular Freiburg. It can be assumed that it is not in the Basel court to a new building. Dagen speaks located on a bay year 1416 as well as the different levels of floors. Furthermore there is a firewall on the corbel which completely separates the building. 1505 Hans Konrad Stürzel Wydyz responsible for his town house production of the Epiphany of the altar is today in the cathedral.
The canons of the Basel cathedral which had escaped from the effects of the Reformation in 1529 to Freiburg acquired the palace in 1587 and built him according to your wishes. The building was now up to 1678, the exile residence of the Basel cathedral chapter.
After 1677, the troops of Louis XIV Freiburg had taken and occupied, acknowledged this, the chapter is not as belonging to the diocese of Basel, neutral body. The income of the chapter were confiscated so that the canons left Freiburg and in 1678 in the diocese of Basel Arlesheim settled. Now the occupation forces also confiscated the Basler Hof. The Peace Treaty of Rijswijk was the House of Habsburg in 1697 returned the building. Henceforth, the palace was used by the Austrian authorities.
Maria Theresa split 1752 with the reorganization of the management of the Habsburg Empire, the forelands as autonomous province of Tyrol. 1759 to 1806 resided in Vienna, the appointed district president in Stürzel Palace. After the transition of Breisach to Baden Baden in 1806 moved into the administration building complex.
From 1933 to 1941, the Basel court was seat of the Secret State Police (Gestapo) of the Nazi regime. During the bombing in November 1944 the building was severely damaged. The reconstruction from 1950 to 1951 was fortunately taken the facade and get their medieval character.
From 1950 to 1952 the farm was the seat of the Ministry of Interior of the Government of South Baden. Today the Basler Hof's seat of the governor of the district of Freiburg.
Google Translation: The Archaeological Museum Colombischlössle the Civic Museums of Fribourg. It was established as a museum of prehistory and early history and is in the neo-Gothic mansion on Colombischlössle Rotteckring (built in 1859/61).
The focus of the museum is on the human development of the upper and upper Rhine from the Paleolithic Age to the early Middle Ages. The permanent exhibition presents significant archaeological finds from southern Baden of the oldest works of art to medieval finds. Among the highlights of the exhibition include a Gagatfigürchen the 10th Century BC, Roman glass, including Millefiorischale Dangstetten from the Roman camp, and runic writing documents, such as the rune staff of Neudingen from the 6th Century. In the treasury in the basement of rich jewelery and weapons additions are presented from Alemannic graves Hüfingen (Schwarzwald-Baar-Kreis). The finds are a few exceptions, permanent loan from the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg. Models complement clearly reflect the original findings and explain so the living conditions of past eras. The museum offers school children a wide range of museum education offers, which you can try yourself, as in the Stone Age, for example, fire or made clay pots were fired. The firm maintains a reference library of archaeological publications. (Source Wikipedia)
Google Translation: The Nagoldtalsperre was also called ore mine built by 1965 to 1970. It is used for flood protection and Aufhöhung of low water within the Nagoldtal. The dam was commissioned in 1971. 800 m above the storage root is a blocking system. The height above valley floor is 32.10 m, 35 m above foundation level, the crown structure is 552.1 meters high, the building volume is 311,000 cubic meters. The crown is 235 m long and 9.2 m wide. The reservoir has a surface area of 37.6 ha at Vollstauung. Its location in the middle of a 650-acre nature reserve in the middle of the Black Forest Baden Wuerttemberg make the dam with your dammed lake is a popular recreation area. The nearest town is Seewald-ore mine.
Google Translation: The biggest marketplace built in Germany is located in Freudenstadt. Originally on the site of a castle should arise. Today, the square is the city's landmark joy. He is. Approx. 4.5 hectares in size and has the dimensions of 219 mx 216 m and is therefore almost quatratisch. The arcades called peripheral arcades are characteristic.
Freudenstadt is located in Baden-Württemberg, southwest of Stuttgart and south of Karlsruhe on a high plateau on the eastern edge of the northern Black Forest. It lies at an altitude above zero from 591 to 968 meters. She is a renowned spa resort and a traditional Black Forest town. Duke Friedrich I of Württemberg in 1599 founded the town. You should be residence of the Duchy of Württemberg. The Town Hall is located on the northern corner of the Freudenstadt'er marketplace. In the middle of the square is the town house in which the museum and the city library are housed. A memorial column next to the City Hall commemorates the reconstruction after the 2nd World War II. Popularly called the monument mortgage Venus.
Google translation: North of the Black Forest town of Furtwangen is the source of the Breg. It is the most distant source of the Danube. To the mouth of the Black Sea, there are 2857 km from here. The source is located at Martin Chapel. The right to regard them as Donauquelle founded on the following geographical and hydrological considerations: In direct comparison to the Breg Brigach longer and richer in water. Their source is located at a height of 1078 meters above 0 highest. It is sich100 meters from the water divide between the Danube and the Rhine. Supposedly the Romans discovered the source of the Danube, this should be located according to the Prince Furstenberg next to your castle in Donaueschingen. Proof of this is not available. Later around the 18th Century gave the error. The 300-meter long "Danube river" was filled. 1882, the water source of the castle was run in a 80-meter long underground canal in the flowing past Brigach. The Swiss math professor Scheuchzer asserts the Danube springs from the Grisons region, meaning the source of the Inn as highest source of the River Danube. Also the source of Brigach was temporarily appointed to the highest spring Donauquelle. The different views were certainly mostly be local patriotically motivated and can not find general acceptance. Danube is known today as the beginning of the confluence of Breg and Brigach in the field Donaueschingen. The distance from there to the mouth of the Black Sea is 2,811 km.
Google Translation: The general view of the Danube formed by the confluence of Brigach and Breg a little east of Donaueschingen. A well-known mnemonic for this is: Brigach and Breg bring the Danube feed path. The Danube is therefore no single source, but two headwater streams, which is not unusual for large currents. According to other views, but also the source of the Danube in Donaueschingen Bach or the source of the Breg at Martin Chapel at Furtwangen called Source of the Danube.
The Danube river rises near the Princely Fürstenberg Castle in Donaueschingen. Its source is a so-called karst Aufstoß source, at between 50 and 150 liters of water per second come from the Karst of Baar to the surface, which in comparison to Breg and Brigach is the largest spring discharge. The Danube river flows for several hundred meters into the Brigach, since 1820, he is thereby led underground through the castle gardens. The view that this was the source of the Danube, already existed since at least the 16th Century. Already in 1538, the view was of Sebastian Münster, the true source of the Danube was to be found in Donaueschingen. This definition is arbitrary, which is not unique, however, for example in nearby Schwenningen is the Neckarquelle locates in the park, although the outflow from the Schwenninger Moos is considerably watered. At times, also in the district lying Allmendshofen June Peru source was designated as Source of the Danube. Bach was the source of the Danube in the 18th Century passed. Today it presents itself as a circular basin of which represents 1895, the artist Adolf army a group of figures, which towers above the rim and "Mother Baar" is facing its "daughter", the young Danube, the way. As a tourist attraction, this "source of the Danube" is well known. The source of the Breg is located north of Furtwangen in Martin Chapel at Kolmenhof. The claim, they must be considered as a source of the Danube, is based on geographical and hydrological considerations: In comparison to the Breg Brigach is longer and richer in water, and its source is located higher. The Bregquelle mündungsfernste is the source and origin of the Danube therefore geographically. Therefore, this source is also frequently referred to as the actual source of the Danube. Thus we find in 1847 the following definition in the universal lexicon of the Grand Duchy of Baden: "Danube, the largest river in Germany rises at the Martin Chapel in a wild and remote area of the Black Forest, is beginning Brege ... and forms only in Donaueschingen, where she worked with the Brigach united the Danube. "is for other river systems partially similar approach, then as in the case of the Nile and the Amazon mündungsfernste the source as the origin, but not as in the case of the Ganges. In the past, occasionally also the source of Brigach were proclaimed (as 1719 by Vicar St. Georgen Breuninger at Monastery) as highest spring to Source of the Danube. These views are likely to be motivated mainly locally patriotic and do not find general acceptance. Today is viewed as the beginning of the confluence of the Danube and Breg Brigach on the boundary of Donaueschingen. From there to the mouth in the Black Sea is 2,811 km, of which Bregquelle in Furtwangen of 2857 km. The two sources compared:
• Breg: 46 km long, swell height: 1,078 m, catchment area: 291 km ², at the confluence MQ: 6.0 m³ / s
• Brigach: 40 km long, swell height: 940 m, catchment area: 195 square kilometers, at the confluence MQ: 3.4 m³ / s
The Swiss professor Scheuchzer told the Inn as a source for the highest source of the Danube. In the 20th Century, especially the teachers and the geologist Franz Burgert Irma Oehrlein and her husband Ludwig Oehrlein have dedicated to the study of the source of the Danube. First it was Irma Oehrlein, on the 17th July 1954 saw the Bregquelle Won in Martin Chapel. For a long time had the question of the actual Bregquelle confusion prevailed and they had suspected at Won Briglirain. Ludwig Oehrlein completed the lifework of his wife by science for decades continued to work on the exploration of the Danube origin. By dyeing and preparation of measured values that were based on more than 600 measurements, it was proven that the Bregquelle and thus the origin of the Danube - in other words, the actual source of the Danube - was at Martin Chapel. Already in 1949, had the former teacher at the public school to Furtwangen, Franz Burgert, discovered the right Bregquelle and reported on, but he could provide no scientific evidence. Many other scholars have addressed the question of the origin of the Danube, including inter alia the oceanographer Jacques Cousteau, in 1987 at Martin Chapel turned with his film crew for a week a documentary on the Danube. Also in the literature the issue or the dispute over the true origin of the Danube has been included: Claudio Magris wrote the factory Danube - Biography of a river. Even the state government of Baden-Württemberg had to deal with the source of dispute between Furtwangen and Donaueschingen deal. Thus the then Minister of Agriculture and Forestry 1982 confirmed in a letter to Oehrlein: "Coming back to the questions of the Danube origin may I again confirm that the so-called Danube source in Donaueschingen from hydrological and geographical point of view is not sure the actual source of the Danube ... The Breg can be described as Hauptquellfluß the Danube. "
Google Translation: In Donaueschingen, numerous legacies of Art Nouveau are found. Here at the confluence Karl panoramic road leading to the town hall with an elegant swing up at the confluence of the Zeppelin road. Characteristic of the period are the perforated facades with their related elements. As a rule, the building has two sash windows and shutters. This street has been created in the years 1907 to 1911. The Art Nouveau resulting district is distinguished by its weitgehends unified appearance.
Google translation: The two steeples of St. John are considered secret landmark and dominate the city's Donaueschingen. The Catholic Church of St. Johann in Donaueschingen was dedicated to John the Baptist. The church building with its two towers being built in the style of Bohemian Baroque. It was built from 1724 to 1747, designed by the Prague architect Franz Maximilian Kanka of 1724. The high altar was then drawn up later in 1751. Built the present town church was among the pastors YES Schiller and C. Weltin. The advowson of the church is the house of the Prince of Fürstenberg. The patron is Mr. Henry Prince of Fürstenberg. Today's Donaueschingen originated from a small village, it was already here at the 350th In the year 889 it is first erwähn's urkundklich. In 1292 was then "Eschingen" today "Donaueschingen". The parish originally belonged to the deanery Pfohren. In 1275 it was first mentioned. The deanery Pfohren is initially belonging to the monastery of Reichenau. Later, the bishop of Constance, the occupation of the parish. This now belongs to the Archdiocese of Freiburg today.
The most famous priest of St. John Church in Donaueschingen was Monsignor H. Feurstein 1906-42, this was arrested for his critical attitude towards the Nationalsoziallismus and died in Dachau.
Google translation : The St. Gallus Church in Oberharmersbach in the Black Forest is built from 1839 to 1846 . As a building material it took local sandstone and opted for a church in the Romanesque Revival style. The nave is 57 meters long and 24 meters wide and 18 meters high, the tower is 63 meters high. The church was dedicated to St. Gallus ( 646-650 in Arbon, Switzerland ) He was a monk and missionary and worked mainly in the area of Lake Constance . They say he was the founder of the city of St. Gallen. Oberharmersbach is located in the middle of the Black Forest in the valley of Harmersbachs . The area extends from Harmersbach in 280 meters to the summit of the head fire in the 945 meters above sea level. Nearly three- quarters of the area is forested.
Google translation : Cathedral of St. Blaise - The magnificent dome of the former Benedictine abbey church draws the viewer's gaze involuntarily up. How does a so majestic -looking church in the solitude of the forest Albtals ? This question can not be answered without the brilliant person and the builder of his spiritual worldview Abbot Martin Gerbert . Strongly influenced by the ideas of the French Enlightenment , which sought to replace faith in God through faith in reason , he tried to save the threatened cancellation of the Benedictine monastery after the catastrophic fire of the year in 1768. The construction of this cathedral was to be a stone that has become witness to the new era of intellectual history . A response to the Enlightenment in three ways: through its theological conception of the compatibility of faith and reason, the new neoclassical architecture, which allowed the religious building in the style of modernism, finally as a \ (H. Brommer )\n Less than 100 years later, in 1874 , the cathedral underwent again a severe fire disaster . 200 years after the consecration of today's interior design was created through a comprehensive restoration : The Rotunda shines in white marble , the pews and the organ at the end of the monk choir stand to the color contrast . The harmony and endless vistas of the interior is probably based on the regularity of proportions. The circular area corresponds to the central dome 36 meters in diameter with exactly the height from the floor to the apex of the dome. The columns that span the space as an inner shell , stand 18 meters up and support the dome as a hemisphere with a radius of 18 meters also . The choir in turn has a length of two times 18 equal to 36 meters. The outer dimensions are based on this harmony : the width of the facade of 50 meters is the height of the main ball , which in turn is 50 meters high. On the dome radiates visible from the golden orb with the cross, proclaimed by the time St. Blaise was still imperial abbey . (Source: www.dom -st- blasien.de )
Google translation : the production of high-quality ceramic dinnerware has masterfully machined in Gengenbach now an over 200-year tradition that is presented in the Museum of Ceramics Zeller to around 160 square meters of the public. Pursuing the concept of a representative and active museum. A large part deals with the artist Schmidt- Pecht from Constance , whose decor \ The original manuscripts of the Shareholders' Agreement by Georg Schmider , 1888 , price lists from the period around 1920 , as well as relief and wall plates, floor vases from the period after the Second World War provide an interesting cross -section of the company's history. Another part of the museum is dedicated to manufacturing . The Keramformer here explain their craft and issued the forms in their functions . The production processes are shown after 1950 , with original recordings . Under the theme \ Are exhibited next to masters for molds , patterns or bands as well as dishes that were decorated in a variety of decorative techniques . (Source Zeller Keramikmanufaktur )\n\n Holidays: 11 -16 Clock )\n Zeller Ceramics Museum • Main Street • 2 D- 77736 Gengenbach
In the spa city of Bad Liebenzell the family owned Aparthotel Hochwald is located. Surrounded by nature modern apartments await your visit. You can rely on self-catering or participate in a high-quality, domestic breakfast buffet.
Already included is free Wi-Fi as well as the use of the Swimming Pool, Whirlpool, Sauna and Exercise room.
Recreative moments are promised in the hotel's own Spa. You can either get a large range of wellness or therapeutic treatments.
A lot of activities are in close range to the hotel. Bad Liebenzell has its own hot springs or the next golf course is less than two miles away.
Google Translation: At the southern corner of the square stands the town church. She is a church angle and thus one of the two churches located in Germany with this plan. The church is a special corner of the church building. Here are another two naves perpendicular. The altar is in these churches in angle and facing two aisles. The Freudenstadt town church was designed for its corner location on the marketplace as Freudenstädter angle Church. Here in planning the proposed equality of religions was considered. In May 1601, the foundation stone was laid. The town church was probably designed by Elias Gunzenhäuser which are other buildings on Freudenstädter marketplace designed. The inauguration date is not known. The first recorded sermon was made on 01.05.1608 by Pastor Andreas Veringer. In the 19th century, the sexes were separated from each other when Kirchenggang. They had each other during the preaching, no eye contact. With the exception of the pastor who could see in both aisles. For this reason, the aisles are today still like to be called Mr and Mrs ship ship.
Google translation: The History of the Church of St. Cyriak can be traced back to the year the 1179th Pope Alexander III. confirmed then the Monastery of St. Georgen his possessions, rights and income. Among them is also "Furtwangen including church". Furtwangen but will be considerably older, especially since it has already been a church.
From 1483 on had the Pfarrverweser, a Benedictine monk, resident at the site, was responsible for the pastoral care of the Monastery of St. Georgen. Not until 1806, after the secularization of the monastery, which had its headquarters since the Reformation in Villingen, the Furtwangen pastor came from the diocese of Constance and since 1827 from the Archdiocese of Freiburg.
On size, appearance or features of the first Furtwanger Church there are no reliable sources. In the years 1733 to 1734 is reported by a new building of the church had become too small, which includes parts of the original church were used. The new church was equipped with a Baroque high altar of the former Benedictine church in Villingen by Anton Josef Schupp. On 10 January 1743 the tower fell with four bells and the clock tower of a fire, which was caused by a severe winter storm, the victim. The reconstruction was done already in the following year after a design by building inspector Steinwarz from Donaueschingen. Four new bells in the bell foundry Rosenlächer made constancy. The new clock tower was the work of the watchmaker Lorenz Bob from Furtwangen. On 15 July 1747 were consecrated church and altar by Auxiliary Bishop Francis Carol Fugger of Kirchberg.
By another, even worse catastrophic fire on 23 June 1857 the church burned down completely, including towers. The entire inventory, bells, clock tower and especially the organ of Master Martin Blessing were destroyed by the flames.
A complete renovation of the parish church in the Romanesque Revival style, and based on a basilica was built by the architect devil in the years 1859 to 1861. With its 52-meter-tall, slender tower, the church has since become the center and architectural landmark of the city Furtwangen.
Throughout the turbulent history the Church of St. Cyriak was renovated between 1912 and 1936 and rebuilt from 1968 to 1972 and substantially upgraded. The church was expanded to include a weekday chapel and a new sacristy. Unfortunately went with the liturgical renewal following the Second Vatican Council, some characteristic of the church pieces, including the valuable organ of Master Martin Brown from Spaichingen and the majestic Romanesque altarpiece of the brothers Moroder from Offenburg - a foundation of Maria Duffner Furtwangen - lost. Unfortunately, the portrayal of the church's patron St. Cyriak listed as missing. Only photographs from that time testify to the original expression of the church interior. Today, the liturgy takes place in a simple style, but the artist's massive main altar of St. Francis Gutmann Trudbert, who also designed the ambo, tabernacle and baptismal font in accordance with the requirements of the time. Stoup and Paschal candle, both made of bronze works, created the Furtwangen artist Hubert Rieber.
The recent renovation of 1997 in December 2005 under the late Reverend Josef Beha has the classic proportions of the neo-Romanesque interior again brought to bear and with a subtle, understated color enlivens the new architecture. The interior of the church is now comprised of a harmonious coexistence of old and new works of art. Where possible, after careful restoration, the remaining faithful to the original in the old parish stocks were reintegrated into the church.
The parish church of St. Cyriak located in the heart of the city Furtwangen in the Black Forest (880 m). The parish currently has about 4600 members of the community.
The parish includes the chapel at Pius Katzensteig and the nursing home chapel in the nursing home St. Cyriak.
Markus von Chamier, Rev. (source se-furtwangen.de)
The Wildlife Natural History Museum is in its kind, the largest in the region. On an exhibition area of 1,400 square meters visitors can admire animals from all continents. Animals from more than 40 countries such as African Wildcat, African buffalo, African Wild Dog, Alpine Ibex, Anaconda, Armadillo, capercaillie, black grouse, brown bear, rhinoceros, bushbuck, badger, Duiker, polar bear, moose, fox, chamois, Gelbrückenduiker, Cheetah, golden jackal, Grizzly, Big Trapp Hahn, deer, hyena, jaguar, African buffalo, Karrakal, Caucasian ibex, crocodile, cuckoo, kudu, leopard, lion, lynx, Marco Polo sheep, Markhor, muskox, Nyala, opossum, Arctic fox, Arctic hare, Puma , deer, mountain hare, ptarmigan, snow leopard, black bear, Black Panther, Sitatunga, Black rhinoceros, Capricorn, wildcat, wild boar, wild turkey, bison, wolf, Tahr, Tiger, Eagle owl, wapiti deer, warthog, zebra, many native birds u. v. m. Opening times Wed 14:00 to 19:00 Thu 14:00 to 19:00 Fr 14:00 to 19:00 Sat 11:00 to 19:00 Sun 11.00 - 19.00 Holidays and school holidays open daily from 11 - 19.00. Wildlife Natural History Museum, Schaffhauser Straße 121, D-79713 Bad Säckingen, Tel. +49 7761 93 80 99-0
As a family game Kids and his team to create a homely atmosphere and is a good time for families and children. The motto could also family hot in the jungle, because the great jungle atmosphere seduced not only the children to play and run. The play area were explicitly selected on the basis that even adults can share a. Wild Kids preparing each generation of the family fun and enjoyment and invites you to relax. Opening times: Wednesday - Friday 2:00 p.m. to 19:00, Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays 11:00 to 19:00, Monday & Tuesday we have closed on Wild Kids, Schaffhauserstrasse 121, D-79713 Bad Säckingen, Tel .: +49 7761 556 02 88
Google translation: In 1874 the Villa of Ignaz Berberich, a Säckinger citizen and founder of weaving and textile printing Berberich & Co., was built. The house served the family for decades as a country. In the 1930s, the city acquired the villa and used it in 1940 as "Park Hospital". Here the interior department of the hospital was housed. With the opening of in the immediate vicinity new district hospital in 1980 introduced the "Park Hospital" an operation. After an extensive renovation, the Villa Berberich for "Culture House Villa Berberich" was. The Culture House Villa Berberich now home to the Mineral Museum in the basement, a ground floor café, exhibition rooms on the first Stock and seminar rooms. 2 Floor. Villa Berberich, Parkstrasse 1, D-79713 Bad Säckingen
Google translation: Schloss Schonau, also Schönauer Castle, Castle Säckingen or Trompeterschlössl called. The castle was built already 1600-1680 by Hans Kaspar von Schonau. In the former castle of the lords of Schönau are three interesting collections to visit. The Upper Rhine Museum, founded by Emil Gersbach, it is under the auspices of the city government and shows the history of Bad Säckingen and the High Rhine Hotzenwald and Klettgau region. Exhibits include archaeological finds, pictures, maps and furniture. The bushel rooms reminding the stay of the poet and writer Joseph Victor von Scheffel and its activities as a legal intern in Bad Säckingen. In addition to official documents can be found portraits of the poet and various editions of his books, including the rare first edition of the epic poem Der Trompeter von Säckingen (1854). In 1985, the city of Bad Säckingen from Swiss collector Ernst W. acquired Buser his extensive trumpet museum, which is unique in Europe. This instrument collection includes the wide range of trumpet architecture over four centuries. An emphasis is placed on the chromaticism of the instrument in its various manifestations. In. 3 and fourth Upstairs is to see a well-structured archaeological collection from the Upper Rhine region. In the eight areas important finds of Pleistocene fauna, from the Stone Age, the Celts, Romans and Alemanni time are displayed. On display are equipment of Roman legionnaires and settlers, weapons and jewelery as grave goods of the early Alemanni. The name "Trompeterschlössl" recalls the marriage between the Civil Franz Werner Kirchhofer and Marie Ursula von Schonau in 17th Century. Schloss Schonau, Schönaugasse, 79713 Bad Säckingen, Tel .: +49 (0) 77 61-22 17
Google translation:The Gallusturm of Bad Säckingen was created as a wavebreaker in 1343, after a flood had visited the then island town. The Rhine branched then in a main and a northern tributary and so enclosed the city core. Since 1974 he is the guild of local Bad Säckinger Narrenzunft.
Google Translation: The game reserve is located near the town of Bad Säckingen is located at the idyllic mountain lake. It is a game preserve with wild boar, red, sika and fallow deer, and offers the possibility of local game to watch. There are vending machines at the entrance, can be purchased on which corn and fodder to feed the animals.
Google translation: In the vicinity of the town of Bad Säckingen offers to watch the local game opportunity. In addition to the idyllic mountain lake is a game reserve. In the Arial wild boars, red, sika and. At the entrance there are feeders where food can be bought to feed the animals with it.
Google Translation: If you look closely at this 360 degree panorama discovers two young deer. In the game reserve wild boar, red, Sika live. The game reserve is located in close proximity to the idyllic mountain lake.
Google translation: North of the town of Bad Säckingen you will find the possibility of local wildlife to. Near the idyllic mountain lake is a wild Go into the wild boar, red, Sika live. At the entrance, machines are located where you can buy food in order to feed the animals.
Google translation: The lake is a small lake and is situated at 382 m. ü. M. in the town of Bad Säckingen in the southern Black Forest in the German state of Baden-Württemberg. The natural lake is up to 13 m deep. It was 1802 and in 1803 changed over the years by human hands. At that time he was still called the Black Sea, from Schöpfebach him water is fed by an underground passage. The headwaters of Schöpfebach lies on the western Eggberg and opens in the town of Bad Säckingen in the Rhine. Back then flowed the Schöpfebach in backfilled in 1830, the northern arm of the Rhine, since then he has in the city of Bad Säckingen an artificial and mostly underground flow.
Google Translation: Around 1850 saw Joseph Viktor von Scheffel the waters as a natural idyll and so inspired was his work of trumpeter of Säckingen. From 1873 the lake has developed into a popular tourist destination, surrounded by a wooded area. The watchmaker Constantin Maier opened this year, a restaurant that was called Tavern.
The lake is surrounded by a shady forest path and invites for a walk. The lake is located about half an hour walk north above the town of Bad Säckingen. The pond was dammed on five hectares of water from the year 1802nd Since 1878, there are restaurants, rowing boats and is located near a deer park and a barefoot path. The idyllic mountain lake invites you to linger. Enjoy nature with a cup of coffee and a piece of Black Forest gateau.