Google translation : The St. Gallus Church in Oberharmersbach in the Black Forest is built from 1839 to 1846 . As a building material it took local sandstone and opted for a church in the Romanesque Revival style. The nave is 57 meters long and 24 meters wide and 18 meters high, the tower is 63 meters high. The church was dedicated to St. Gallus ( 646-650 in Arbon, Switzerland ) He was a monk and missionary and worked mainly in the area of Lake Constance . They say he was the founder of the city of St. Gallen. Oberharmersbach is located in the middle of the Black Forest in the valley of Harmersbachs . The area extends from Harmersbach in 280 meters to the summit of the head fire in the 945 meters above sea level. Nearly three- quarters of the area is forested.